Novak a Falcon On Court
Positioned appropriately on centre stage, the natural performer played tennis on an airborne court against a flying opponent, and when finished was greeted by a real life Falcon to help him launch his new range.
"I have played tennis on many courts around the world, but never on one that was airborne," says Novak Djokovic. "It was a fun and exciting way to help launch my own signature range for adidas here in Melbourne, and having a Falcon on hand to help me was an extra bonus."
Part of the new CC Genius Footwear and Edge apparel lines, the Falcon range highlights Novak Djokovic's unique style of play and his dynamic personality. The defending champion will wear the new products for the first time at the Australian Open, which starts on January 18th.
"The CC Genius is just the shoe I've been looking for," says Novak Djokovic. "It's light but has great grip and allows me full movement around the court without compromising on stability and I'm thrilled to lend my name to the first CC Genius shoe. I chose the Falcon as my signature line as I believe my style of play is just like a falcon hunting. I live for great matchups against strong opponents and this is now reflected in my apparel and footwear on court."
The Novak Djokovic Falcon footwear range has been created in five different colorways for the four Grand Slams and the year ending Masters Series Cup. The Serbian will also have two extra apparel Edge colorways for his night matches for the Grand Slams in Melbourne and New York.
The white Edge tennis polo incorporates the Falcon logo on the left hand shoulder while the olive green stripes colour is carried through to the matching shorts. For night matches Novak will wear an all black Falcon combination featuring silver stripes to match his specially designed silver CC Genius shoe with Falcon logo. The Edge apparel incorporates key adidas technologies ForMotionTM and ClimaCool® to ensure the best possible fit, feel and comfort during those epic on-court battles that the Australian Open is known for.
The CC Genius Falcon shoe has been designed with Novak's unique playing style and foot movements in mind, with a new SPEEDCUT® technology used in lateral strips on the upper to give added forefoot support. The sole provides excellent grip on hard courts but also enough give and ankle support to facilitate Novak's breathtaking slides. Cushioning is key to making this a truly comfortable shoe with ClimaCool® aeration technology which allows Novak's feet to remain at an optimum performance temperature despite the sometimes sweltering heat in Melbourne.
The Novak Djokovic Falcon range of apparel and footwear is available in retail worldwide. Recommended retail price for the CC Genius is $130, while the Edge apparel Polo is $50 and Bermuda is $50.
Additional information on adidas Tennis
- adidas is the proud sponsor of some of the biggest names in men's and women's tennis including Novak Djokovic, French Open Champion Ana Ivanovic, Paris Masters Series winner Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Davis Cup winner Fernando Verdasco, French Open runner-up Dinara Safina, Sania Mirza, Bob and Mike Bryan, Caroline Wozniacki and many more.
- adidas offers four types of tennis shoes, the Barricade V, CC Genius, CC Feather clay court and CC Feather grass court.
- adidas is the market leader in tennis footwear and apparel offering Barricade, Feather, CC Genius, Edge, Competition and adilibria ranges.
- adidas Tennis introduces its new racket offering for 2009 allowing players worldwide to follow in the footsteps of tennis legends Ilie Nastase and Ivan Lendl. Three racket ranges have been engineered for the 2009 season catering for a range of players, from tour and club players to recreational. Each racket is named after our benchmark Tennis shoes, Barricade, Response and Feather, and share similar characteristics.
- adidas provides a unique support program which its tennis players can take advantage of. The adidas Player Development Program counts Sven Groeneveld and Gil Reyes among its staff and provides training tips and hitting partners to nutritional advice and off-court mentoring.